Host a WorldCrafts Virtual Market
You can support WorldCrafts artisans around the world by hosting a WorldCrafts virtual market.
Here are some helpful tips as you plan your virtual market.
- Take the new online self-guided mini-course WorldCrafts: An Overview to be prepared to share about WorldCrafts. You will learn tangible ways to support fair-trade artisans around the world and be equipped to teach others about WorldCrafts.
- Select a date, time, and social platform for your event.
- Download our suggested posts and images to use for your virtual market.
- Consider doing a live video during the virtual market. Order specific products you would like to share at your event. Please plan to only share products currently available for sale on WorldCrafts.org.
- Download the WorldCrafts Talking Points document so you have a few talking points to share via posts or video.
- Make some of our fun international recipes and send the link to others to enjoy while they participate in the virtual market.
- Print out a WorldCrafts map and post the link for others to see all the WorldCrafts artisan groups around the world.
- Begin by sharing the new WorldCrafts video.
- Share information you learned in the WorldCrafts: An Overview course and information from the WorldCrafts Talking Points document. This can be shared via prerecorded or live video.
- Post the suggested social media posts and images.
- Pray for WorldCrafts artisans using the monthly prayer calendar. You can record a video of you praying or make posts about your prayers encouraging others to pray.
- Share about two of your favorite artisan groups and link to their specific artisan page.
- Share your favorite products and links to the specific product page.
- Continue to share about WorldCrafts on your social media.
- Follow up directly with your virtual market participants to see if you can help make shopping suggestions or answer questions.
- Be sure to share add #worldcraftsvirtualmarket to social media posts and tag Worldcrafts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Wear current WorldCrafts jewelry and accessories when making videos to post.
- Have WorldCrafts home décor products in the background of any videos.
- Ask friends to share about your WorldCrafts virtual market with their friends.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.