Create a WorldCrafts Market
Creating a WorldCrafts market at your church, home, or event is a great way to share WorldCrafts with your community!
All the resources you need to set up a market are right here.
WorldCrafts products for your market
Order current products to sell at your event. You can return these within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Return items to 100 Missy Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242. You are responsible for return shipping. Please note that items purchased on clearance (50% discount) are not returnable.
Since you own the products you have purchased, you are responsible for paying the local sales tax in your area.
- Use our market checklist to make sure you have everything you need to set up your market.
- Promote your market with an invitation and poster.
- Tell about your market at your church by sharing an announcement and inserting an invitation in the bulletin. Show WorldCrafts videos to your church to show the artisans at work hand-making the products.
- Enlist helpers for your market. Each helper can prepare to talk to customers with the talking points document.
- Take the new online self-guided mini-course WorldCrafts: An Overview to be prepared to share about WorldCrafts. You will learn tangible ways to support fair-trade artisans around the world and be equipped to teach others about WorldCrafts.
- People enjoy seeing the faces of the artisans and learning their stories. Use the WorldCrafts 8.5-by-11 poster, WorldCrafts 11-by-17 poster, and artisan story posters to showcase the many faces and stories of WorldCrafts. You can also use the country display cards to show where each product you have in your market is from.
- Distribute our promotional flyer or half-page flyer to give people a way to connect with WorldCrafts in the future.
- Everyone enjoys tasting food from around the world. Use our recipe cards to make a few dishes for sampling, or print as free giveaways for people who visit your market.
- After your market, be sure to share with us stories and photos of your market!
- Wear current WorldCrafts jewelry and accessories when working your display. Also wear a name tag so people can feel more comfortable engaging in a conversation.
- Use a black tablecloth that goes all the way to the ground to showcase the products. You can use simple jewelry display pieces and baskets to nicely display products.
- Group products in the market by artisan group or country.
- Direct people to WorldCrafts.org for additional information about each artisan group and FAQs.
- Share photos of your display on social media with #WorldCrafts and tag us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.