One Step at a Time Party
This party emphasizes WorldCrafts artisans who have faced traumatic events in their lives and have since been rescued. Members of these artisan groups have the potential to be victims of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) based on their past hardships in life but are loved and uplifted every day through their work making WorldCrafts products. With each piece of artwork made, these artisans are able to move past their painful experiences and rest in peace and freedom.
- Choose a party site (church or home) and date.
- Recruit volunteers to help with your party.
- Send out invitations to guests.
- Plan for food at your party. It is always good to have a treat or two for your guests to enjoy as they learn more about the native foods and cultures of WorldCrafts artisans. Find and create your own or make an international dish from our recipes section.
- Plan to have fun activities and play international music. Set up a prayerwalk. Have a prayer station for each WorldCrafts artisan group that works with people from extremely difficult backgrounds as well as different groups in your community, such as military groups, mental health services, and hospitals who are helping those with PTSD recover. Contact local groups to see if there is anything specific that they need prayer for and if there is anything your group can provide to assist them in their work.
- Educate guests on WorldCrafts with the Presenting WorldCrafts and WorldCrafts Story information. Also, teach participants about PTSD. Describe PTSD to your guests. Make sure they understand that these artisans do not necessarily have the disorder, but because of their traumatic life experiences, it is a possibility they might have it. Discuss together how we as the church can minister to people who have been through very traumatic experiences. Share with guests how a strong community both serves a protective role in helping someone deal with crisis without developing PTSD and a healing role in helping someone with PTSD get better.
- Guests will enjoy having the latest WorldCrafts catalog at your party. You can secure catalogs for your party by downloading it online and making copies or by ordering printed copies for your guests.
- Create a WorldCrafts interest center combining products, as well as pictures and stories of the artisans.
- Plan to display products at your party. Download the following to have on hand for guests to read and to display with products:
- Plan to show videos at your party. You can order the Sustain Me DVD or show free videos in our video section.
- Plan for product orders. Guests can order online or use an order form. You can print an order form or use the one in the catalog.
- Decorate tables with bright colors to represent the restored lives of these artisans.
- Play music, welcome guests, and give guests time to mingle.
- Introduce the WorldCrafts ministry and offer a few facts. Also share with the group about PTSD. You can use the downloadable resources and videos from the Before section to aid your presentation.
- Have a share time and activity break.
- Serve refreshments.
- Invite guests to take one of the Artisan Biographies, Display Cards, or the World Map as a prayer prompt in the weeks and months ahead.
- Encourage party attendees that they can bless WorldCrafts artisans both physically and spiritually by purchasing their products.
- The relationships between the artisans and the people organizing the artisans are that community. Purchasing from WorldCrafts allows the artisan groups/communities to strengthen and sustain as well as expand their concepts of community, as we become part of the community by purchasing and providing income for each artisan.
- Take product orders. Orders can be placed online, call in order to Customer Service at 1-800-968-7301, or use the catalog order form. We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can use the blank or catalog order form.
- Reminder: WorldCrafts products are handmade, not mass-produced, so quantities are limited.
- If a group order was taken, complete the order for the party. Complete product purchases and/or take orders.
- We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can send in the catalog order form. A blank order form is also available. You may want to print extra copies of the blank order form before the party. Please only send one check per order form made payable to WorldCrafts.
- Mail the order from to P.O. Box 830711, Birmingham, AL 35283-0711
- Make any returns necessary.
- If you bought items in advance and need to return what did not sell, please return within 30 days of purchase to WorldCrafts for credit.
- Our address is 100 Missy Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242. You are responsible for return shipping.
- Note however that the Sample Sets and items purchased on clearance (50% discount) are not returnable.
- Evaluate the party.
- Talk with people who helped you with the party and ask for feedback.
- Send feedback or ideas to email@example.com.
- Tell us your story.