New Year Party
Gather to ring in the New Year and bless the WorldCrafts artisans!
- Choose a party site (church or home) and date. Decide if you want to celebrate on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day or on another day around the New Year. (You could even celebrate the Chinese New Year!)
- Recruit volunteers to help with your party.
- Send out invitations to guests.
- Plan for food at your party. Serve sparkling cider, sparkling grape juice, or your favorite punch. You can use the international recipes we have collected.
- Plan to have fun activities.
- Educate guests on WorldCrafts with the Presenting WorldCrafts and WorldCrafts Story information.
- Guests will enjoy having the latest WorldCrafts catalog at your party. You can secure catalogs for your party by downloading it online and making copies or by ordering printed copies for your guests.
- Create a WorldCrafts interest center featuring products, as well as pictures and stories of the artisans. Consider ordering the Hostess Sample Set.
- Plan to display products at your party. Download the following to have on hand for guests to read and to display with products:
- Plan to show videos at your party. You can order the Sustain Me DVD or show free videos in our video section.
- Plan for product orders. Guests can order online or use an order form. You can use the one in the catalog.
- Decorate with items themed for the upcoming year. Include table sprays that resemble fireworks. Silly glasses and hats are optional but highly encouraged.
- Play music, welcome guests, and give guests time to mingle.
- Introduce the WorldCrafts ministry and offer a few facts. You can use the downloadable resources and videos from the Before section to aid your presentation.
- Have a share time and activity break.
- Serve refreshments.
- If you are gathering on New Year’s Eve, stream celebrations from around the world into your home on your computer or Internet-enabled television. Visit this site for charts on when different countries will celebrate, time zone conversion, and multi-time zone New Year’s countdowns.
- If you are not gathering on New Year’s Eve or you cannot stream celebrations into your home, research how different cultures celebrate the New Year. Don’t forget that some cultures have different traditional calendars and may celebrate the New Year at a different time than we do.
- Invite guests to take one of the Artisan Biographies, Display Cards, or the World Map as a prayer prompt in the weeks and months ahead.
- Encourage party attendees that they can bless WorldCrafts artisans both physically and spiritually by purchasing their products.
- Take product orders. Orders can be placed online, call in order to Customer Service at 1-800-968-7301, or use the catalog order form. We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can use the blank or catalog order form.
- Reminder: WorldCrafts products are handmade, not mass-produced, so quantities are limited.
- If a group order was taken, complete the order for the party. Complete product purchases and/or take orders.
- We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can send in the catalog order form. A blank order form is also available. You may want to print extra copies of the blank order form before the party. Please only send one check per order form made payable to WorldCrafts.
- Mail the order from to P.O. Box 830711, Birmingham, AL 35283-0711
- Make any returns necessary.
- If you bought items in advance and need to return what did not sell, please return within 30 days of purchase to WorldCrafts for credit.
- Our address is 100 Missy Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242. You are responsible for return shipping.
- Note however that the Sample Sets and items purchased on clearance (50% discount) are not returnable.
- Evaluate the party.
- Talk with people who helped you with the party and ask for feedback.
- Send feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell us your story.