Mosaic of Missions Party
This party helps you focus on all the WorldCrafts artisans, as well as explore mission’s groups in your area that help deliver people from poverty. This party can be used with Missions Mosaic magazine.
- Choose a party site (church or home) and date.
- Recruit volunteers to help with your party.
- Research area missions groups that aid those in poverty or other difficult situations, such as women and children’s shelters, soup kitchens, thrift stores, drug recovery programs, men’s shelters, or your local Christian Women’s Job Corps. Decide if you are going to take donations for one of these missions groups or if you will take your group to volunteer as part of the party (call ahead and ask what is most needed). Decide if you want to invite someone from the group to share their testimony and tell what the group does, and make appropriate arrangements.
- Send out invitations to guests.
- Plan for food at your party. You can find recipes from around the world in our recipes section.
- Plan and prepare to educate guests on WorldCrafts with the Presenting WorldCrafts and WorldCrafts Story information.
- Guests will enjoy having the latest WorldCrafts catalog at your party. You can secure catalogs for your party by downloading it online and making copies or by ordering printed copies for your guests.
- Create a WorldCrafts interest center featuring products, as well as pictures and stories of the artisans. Consider ordering the Hostess Sample Set.
- Plan to display products at your party. Download the following to have on hand for guests to read and to display with products:
- Plan to show videos at your party. You can order the Sustain Me DVD or show free videos from our video section.
- Decorate your space with pictures of mosaic art works from around the world. Use glass or ceramic tiles from a craft store on your tables to create a mosaic-like look. Choose a few missionaries from Missions Mosaic that work with impoverished people and include their locations on the world map. Plan to discuss these missionaries during your party.
- Play music, welcome guests, and give guests time to mingle.
- Serve refreshments.
- Introduce the WorldCrafts ministry and offer a few facts about the ministry. You can use the downloadable resources and videos from the Before section to aid your presentation.
- Have a share time and activity break.
- If you decide to donate items to a local missions group, collect those items. Discuss the group you are donating to and, if you have a guest, allow them to share. Use the “Community” section of Missions Mosaic to discuss other ways your group can reach your local area.
- Invite guests to take one of the Artisan Biographies, Display Cards , or the World Map as a prayer prompt in the weeks and months ahead. Use the “Prayer Patterns” section of Missions Mosaic to find missionaries with birthdays on the day and during the week of your party and pray for them as well.
- Encourage party attendees that they can bless WorldCrafts artisans both physically and spiritually by purchasing their products.
- Take product orders. Orders can be placed online, call in order to Customer Service at 1-800-968-7301, or use the catalog order form. We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can use the blank or catalog order form.
- Reminder: WorldCrafts products are handmade, not mass-produced, so quantities are limited.
- If a group order was taken, complete the order for the party. Complete product purchases and/or take orders.
- We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can send in the catalog order form. A blank order form is also available. You may want to print extra copies of the blank order form before the party. Please only send one check per order form made payable to WorldCrafts.
- Mail the order from to P.O. Box 830711, Birmingham, AL 35283-0711
- Make any returns necessary.
- If you bought items in advance and need to return what did not sell, please return within 30 days of purchase to WorldCrafts for credit.
- Our address is 100 Missy Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242. You are responsible for return shipping.
- Note however that the Sample Sets and items purchased on clearance (50% discount) are not returnable.
- Evaluate the party.
- Talk with people who helped you with the party and ask for feedback.
- Send feedback or ideas to email@example.com.
- Tell us your story.