Independence Day Party
Every July, Americans gather together to celebrate our nation’s birth and independence. Celebrate the independence that purchasing WorldCrafts gives to artisans in the United States and featured in our Support Freedom campaign with an Independence Day party!
- Choose a party site (church or home) and date. If you want to host the party on July 4, consider setting up a table at a cookout.
- Recruit volunteers to help with your party.
- Send out invitations to guests and encourage them to dress as festively as possible.
- Plan for food at your party. Serve traditional American finger foods.
- Plan to have fun activities and play patriotic music.
- Plan and prepare to educate guests on WorldCrafts with the Presenting WorldCrafts and WorldCrafts Story information. You can find information about our Support Freedom Campaign against human trafficking and sexual exploitation of women online including the Support Freedom Prayer Guide and Support Freedom Call to Action.
- Guests will enjoy having the latest WorldCrafts catalog at your party. You can secure catalogs for your party by downloading it online and making copies or by ordering printed copies for your guests.
- Create a WorldCrafts interest center featuring products, as well as pictures and stories of the artisans.
- Consider ordering the Hostess Sample Set.
- Consider featuring products from our American artisan groups: Design Note: it would be neat if we could have their artisan image with a link to their page on our site in this section.
- Consider featuring products from our Support Freedom Campaign artisan groups.
- Plan to display products at your party. Download the following to have on hand for guests to read and to display with products:
- Plan to show videos at your party. You can order the Sustain Me DVD or show free videos in our video section.
- Plan for product orders. Guests can order online or use an order form. You can print an order form or use the one in the catalog.
- Decorate with red, white, and blue patriotic décor.
- Play music, welcome guests, and give guests time to mingle.
- Introduce the WorldCrafts ministry and the Support Freedom campaign and offer a few facts. You can use the downloadable resources and videos from the Before section to aid your presentation.
- Have a share time and activity break.
- Serve refreshments.
- Award a prize to the guest with the most festive outfit.
- Encourage party attendees that they can bless WorldCrafts artisans both physically and spiritually by purchasing their products.
- Take product orders. Orders can be placed online, call in order to Customer Service at 1-800-968-7301, or use the catalog order form. We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can use the blank or catalog order form.
- Reminder: WorldCrafts products are handmade, not mass-produced, so quantities are limited.
- If a group order was taken, complete the order for the party. Complete product purchases and/or take orders.
- We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can send in the catalog order form. A blank order form is also available. You may want to print extra copies of the blank order form before the party. Please only send one check per order form made payable to WorldCrafts.
- Mail the order from to P.O. Box 830711, Birmingham, AL 35283-0711
- Make any returns necessary.
- If you bought items in advance and need to return what did not sell, please return within 30 days of purchase to WorldCrafts for credit.
- Our address is 100 Missy Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242. You are responsible for return shipping.
- Note however that the Sample Sets and items purchased on clearance (50% discount) are not returnable.
- Evaluate the party.
- Talk with people who helped you with the party and ask for feedback.
- Send feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell us your story.