Christmas Celebration Party
Celebrate the Christmas season while focusing on WorldCrafts artisans who make ornaments. During this party, you and your guests will learn about the many WorldCrafts artisan groups who find freedom from poverty or sexual slavery through the creation of Christmas ornaments. The opportunity to create something beautiful with their own hands allows the men and women of these artisan groups to earn an income with dignity.
- Choose a party site (church or home) and date. You may also wish to combine your ornament swap party with a tacky Christmas sweater party by asking guests to wear their tackiest themed sweater.
- Recruit volunteers to help with your party.
- Send out invitations to guests. Ask guests to purchase an ornament from WorldCrafts to bring to the party to trade with other guests. Be sure to plan your party far enough in advance to give guests enough time to order.
- Plan for food at your party. Different countries have different traditional foods that are served during special holidays. Research and serve some of these dishes, or ask guests to bring their favorite Christmas treat to share. Traditional recipes that are not holiday related can be found in our recipes section.
- Plan to have fun activities and play international Christmas music.
- Plan and prepare to educate guests on WorldCrafts with the Presenting WorldCrafts and WorldCrafts Story information.
- Guests will enjoy having the latest WorldCrafts catalog at your party. You can secure catalogs for your party by downloading it online and making copies or by ordering printed copies for your guests.
- Create a WorldCrafts interest center that features products, as well as pictures and stories of the artisans.
- Consider ordering the Hostess Sample Set.
- Consider ordering additional ornaments from our artisans who make and sell ornaments:
- Plan to display products at your party. Download the following to have on hand for guests to read and to display with products:
- Plan to show videos at your party. You can order the Sustain Me DVD or show free videos in our video section.
- Plan for product orders. Guests can order online or use an order form. You can print an order form or use the one in the catalog.
- Decorate your space for Christmas with lights, wreaths, garland, and a tree.
- Play music, welcome guests, and give guests time to mingle.
- Introduce the WorldCrafts ministry and offer a few facts. You can use the downloadable resources and videos from the Before section to aid your presentation.
- Have a share time and activity break.
- Serve refreshments.
- Swap ornaments with one another. You can do this by playing an exchange game, or before the party, have each guest be a Secret Santa for another guest. After the ornaments are swapped, talk about the artisans that made each one.
- Invite guests to take one of the Artisan Biographies, Display Cards, or the World Map as a prayer prompt in the weeks and months ahead.
- Encourage party attendees that they can bless WorldCrafts artisans both physically and spiritually by purchasing their products.
- This party is about more than just ornaments. Share the other products available through WorldCrafts throughout the party and encourage your guests to bless the artisans by purchasing additional products.
- Take product orders. Orders can be placed online, call in order to Customer Service at 1-800-968-7301, or use the catalog order form. We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can use the blank or catalog order form.
- Reminder: WorldCrafts products are handmade, not mass-produced, so quantities are limited.
- If a group order was taken, complete the order for the party. Complete product purchases and/or take orders.
- We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can send in the catalog order form. A blank order form is also available. You may want to print extra copies of the blank order form before the party. Please only send one check per order form made payable to WorldCrafts.
- Mail the order from to P.O. Box 830711, Birmingham, AL 35283-0711
- Make any returns necessary.
- If you bought items in advance and need to return what did not sell, please return within 30 days of purchase to WorldCrafts for credit.
- Our address is 100 Missy Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242. You are responsible for return shipping.
- Note however that the Sample Sets and items purchased on clearance (50% discount) are not returnable.
- Evaluate the party.
- Talk with people who helped you with the party and ask for feedback.
- Send feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell us your story.