Would you like to get hands-on in helping WorldCrafts develop fair-trade businesses in the United States and around the world? You can – by creating a WorldCrafts Market!
Why a WorldCrafts Market?
From hand-crafted pottery created by artisans in Turkey to paper bead jewelry crafted by HIV-positive widows in Uganda to cord keepers sewn by seamstresses in the Bronx, WorldCrafts offers high-quality products that represent hope to people in multiple countries and cultures.
It is one experience to view the products online or in a catalog, but it is a completely different experience to actually see and feel the products while learning the artisans’ stories. At one event, a woman held a Hope-Full Mug in her hand and said, “Wow, can you believe this has raised designs and was handmade and painted by women in Turkey?”
When you create a WorldCrafts market, you open a window on the world to people in your church and community.
How Can I Create a WorldCrafts Market?
- Choose and order the products you want to sell at your event.*
- Order free catalogs to share with guests. You can order up to 25 catalogs per order online. If you need more, you can call Customer Relations at 1-800-968-7301.*
- Once you’ve ordered your products and catalogs, grab your Market Checklist and start planning. From working with your venue to promoting your event, this checklist has everything you need to get organized.
- Promote your market with customizable invitations, posters, announcements, and bulletin inserts.
- Prepare your volunteers with our WorldCrafts talking points. Using the talking points, you’ll be ready to share WorldCrafts vision with your guests.
- Help people connect with our artisans by displaying WorldCrafts artisan posters and country display cards, and prepare regional dishes found in our recipe cards.
- Give visitors a way to connect with WorldCrafts in the future with the WorldCrafts promotional flyer and the Isaiah 58:10 Campaign flyer.
You’ll find many more resources for decorating and planning at WorldCrafts.org/Market.
How Does Creating a Market Impact WorldCrafts?
WorldCrafts works daily to transform the lives of people throughout the world. As a fair-trade partner, we help artisan groups develop employment opportunities for men, women, and families who would otherwise live in poverty. We are committed to ensuring that our artisans receive fair wages, but our commitment does not end there. The artisan groups who become our partners holistically meet the emotional and spiritual needs of every worker, as well.
By creating a WorldCrafts market, you have the opportunity to introduce WorldCrafts and share its vision with a whole new audience. As more people become aware of the plight of impoverished people and see how they can make a difference by shopping responsibly, we can all join hands to shine our Father’s light into the darkness.
Thank you for supporting WorldCrafts as we seek to make an eternal impact around the globe.
*For full details on ordering, shipping, and returns, please visit us at WorldCrafts.org/market.