Begin Anew Custom Orders
Begin Anew of Middle Tennessee is a ministry dedicated to helping people overcome the obstacles created by poverty.
At Begin Anew in South Nashville, a group of refugee women are taking English as a Second Language classes, receiving mentoring, and studying the Bible together as they rebuild their lives in the United States. Begin Anew is also bringing hope to these women through a new fair-trade partnership with WorldCrafts, the fair trade division of Woman’s Missionary Union.
Through their partnership with WorldCrafts, the women of Begin Anew Refugee Artisan Group are developing hope for their families’ futures as they earn a sustainable living wage by hand screen-printing tote bags.
If you are having an event and would like to place a custom order with the artisans of Begin Anew, they can craft a perfect gift for your guests.
- Minimum order: 50 bags (Bags are off-white canvas fabric and measure 15"W-by-15"H-by-3"D with 21" handles. Please see the photo above for an example.)
- Price: $8.00 per bag, plus a one-time fee of $40.00 for your custom screens.
- The $8.00 price includes the cost of the bag and shipping, and it ensures a fair wage to the artisans.
Screen print specifications:
- Design size can be up to 8 1/2-by-11 inches
- Black ink only
- No more than eight words per design
- Thick font must be used
Because each bag is hand screen-printed, please allow a minimum of three months to complete your order. Please note that large orders may require a longer production schedule.
To order, please complete the form below. When you complete the form, you will need to upload your requested design. After receiving your design, the WorldCrafts team will contact you within one week to confirm receipt.