BBQ for Missions Party
Enjoy the warm weather and learn about WorldCrafts artisans and local missions opportunities with this easy and fun outdoor party theme.
- Choose a party site (church or home) and date.
- Recruit volunteers to help with your party.
- Send out invitations to guests.
- Research area mission's groups that aid those in poverty or other difficult situations, such as women and children's shelters, soup kitchens, thrift stores, drug recovery programs, men's shelters, or your local Christian Women's Job Corps. Decide if you are going to take donations for one of these mission's groups or if you will take your group to volunteer as part of the party (Call ahead and ask what is most needed.) Decide if you want to invite someone from the group to share their testimony and tell what the group does, and make appropriate arrangements. If you are volunteering at a local organization, decide if you will volunteer before or after your party and make sure your guests know where to be and what clothing will be appropriate.
- Plan for food at your party. Grill hot dogs and hamburgers for your cookout. Also serve some traditional foods from other countries, such as South Asian Tomato Salad, Lao Banana Rice Pudding, and Mango Lassis, or research and create your own dishes. Recipes can be found in our recipes section.
- Plan and prepare to educate guests on WorldCrafts with the Presenting WorldCrafts and WorldCrafts Story information.
- Guests will enjoy having the latest WorldCrafts catalog at your party. You can secure catalogs for your party by downloading it online and making copies or by ordering printed copies for your guests.
- Create a WorldCrafts interest center to showcase products, as well as pictures and stories of the artisans. Consider ordering the Hostess Sample Set.
- Plan to display products at your party. Download the following to have on hand for guests to read and to display with products:
- Plan to show videos at your party. You can order the Sustain Me DVD or show free videos from our video section.
- Plan for product orders. Guests can order online or use an order form. You can print an order form or use the one in the catalog.
- Decorate your space in bright colors and floral prints. Use paper table coverings that will be easy to clean.
- Welcome guests and give guests time to mingle.
- Introduce the WorldCrafts ministry and offer a few facts. You can use the downloadable resources and videos from the Before section to aid your presentation.
- Have a share time from the local organization or do the activity you planned with the organization.
- Serve refreshments.
- Invite guests to take one of the Artisan Biographies, Display Cards, or the World Map as a prayer prompt in the weeks and months ahead.
- Encourage party attendees that they can bless WorldCrafts artisans both physically and spiritually by purchasing their products.
- Take product orders. Orders can be placed online, call in order to Customer Service at 1-800-968-7301, or use the catalog order form. We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can use the blank or catalog order form.
- Reminder: WorldCrafts products are handmade, not mass-produced, so quantities are limited.
- If a group order was taken, complete the order for the party. Complete product purchases and/or take orders.
- We encourage group orders to avoid individual shipping charges. You can send in the catalog order form. A blank order form is also available. You may want to print extra copies of the blank order form before the party. Please only send one check per order form made payable to WorldCrafts.
- Mail the order from to P.O. Box 830711, Birmingham, AL 35283-0711
- Make any returns necessary.
- If you bought items in advance and need to return what did not sell, please return within 30 days of purchase to WorldCrafts for credit.
- Our address is 100 Missy Ridge, Birmingham, AL 35242. You are responsible for return shipping.
- Note however that the Sample Sets and items purchased on clearance (50% discount) are not returnable.
- Evaluate the party.
- Talk with people who helped you with the party and ask for feedback.
- Send feedback or ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tell us your story.