Promoting your party
There are as many different ways to promote a WorldCrafts party as there are types of parties. When having an at-home party with friends, an invitation or phone call will be all the promotion you need. At the other end of the spectrum, having a larger, dedicated WorldCrafts party will require several different ways of promotion at the same time. Promotion resources are available (see downloadable resources at left).
Here are three basic promotion plans you can use as a starting point.
A. Small gathering (home party)
B. Add to an existing gathering (women's group, small group, part of other programming, or international bazaar)
- Mail personal invitations three weeks prior to the party with an RSVP.
- Follow up with a casual phone call about five days prior to the party.
C. Large party dedicated to WorldCrafts
- Distribute a brief informational ad or bulletin insert (promotional copy) to educate your congregation on the basics of WorldCrafts.
- Include WorldCrafts in an announcement prior to the party.
- Distribute or hand out a take-home flyer about WorldCrafts a week or two before the party.
- Place a small "teaser" ad in the bulletin two weeks prior to the party. Follow up with a larger ad the next week.
- Leave flyers in each classroom two weeks prior to the party.
- Announce it publicly and/or use a video clip from the Sustain Me DVD during a meeting or fellowship time.
Be An Angel
A Table Affair
Be a Blessing
Garden Tea Party
Inspired by India
Taste of Thai
Wrap it Up